Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fairness in Farm and Food Policy

Things have crept up on me and I've been preoccupied in my personal life of late. Today is the vote in the House of Representatives on the 2007 Farm Bill. I have previously written twice regarding this issue (here and here). America still needs your help and I urge you to contact your representative and express your support for the “Fairness in Farm and Food Policy” amendment to the Farm Bill. Ideally, this will be done immediately and today. However, even if this comes to you too late -- and again, I'm sorry -- please send the message anyway. Our voices need to be heard on this issue. You can find the contact information of your Member of Congress here.

Dear Representative XXX,

When you consider the 2007 Farm Bill, I urge you to support the
“Fairness in Farm and Food Policy” amendment to the bill. Thank you.

Respectfully,

John Q. Public
555 Main Street
Anytown NY 55555
Thank you for your support, both of sustainable agriculture and America's farmers.

25 July 2007

Late addition: Let me add two things. First, the vote is currently only in the House, so this message only needs to go to your Representative in the House, not your Senators. Second, the amendment in question deals with protections for sustainable, locally-produced food. I didn't make that clear above.

No comments: