Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sandusky, Paterno, & Penn State

The Freeh Report was released today and it is damning.  It is an indictment not only against the honor of Joe Paterno and officials in the administration at Penn State, but against their souls.  These people covered up child abuse.  Indeed, they enabled it for years.  If there is a hell, Sandusky certainly has a spot reserved in it.  However, the rapes of many of these boy are on the heads of Paterno and these other officials as well.

The Paterno family has been calling for the truth to emerge.  It has.  It is hard to accept that your father was a monster who enabled a monster.  Jay Paterno, the son of Joe, has called the report "one opinion, one piece of the puzzle."  That is denial, of course, but perhaps understandable coming from a son.  If anyone else holds fondness now for Paterno, they need to look deep inside themselves and see the monster within.

12 July 2012

Addition: 16 July 2012:  My father-in-law just forwarded a cartoon to me and I thought that I'd include it here.



It appears that it originated in the Chatanooga Times Free Press.

I have been listening to a bit of sports radio of late, something that I don't normally do that much.  I've been interested to see the reaction to the Freeh Report in this media forum.  I've heard nothing praising Paterno, which I find interesting.  Indeed, the reaction has been strongly negative, which I see as positive.  They are basically taking the view that Paterno enabled the rape of children to protect his image.  Bravo.

No comments: