Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Movie: Kinky Boots

My sister recommended the film Kinky Boots to my parents and my parents in turn recommended it to me. I watched it this morning and heartily recommend it now to you. It is an English movie released in 2005.

In spite of the fact that I've linked its IMDB information above, I would recommend that you watch it without foreknowledge of its plot or indeed, even of its premise. With many movies, knowing a great deal about the film in question prior to seeing it does not lessen the experience of watching it. With other films, this is not the case, and knowing as little as possible really can add to the experience. I think that this is one such movie. I watched the film without even having read the Netflix disk sleeve synopsis and I'm glad of that.

The movie is funny and ultimately uplifting. And, of course, I cried, too, for the best of reasons.

18 August 2009

No comments: