Thursday, April 16, 2015

Greatest Pitch Ever

I was watching a game between the Red Sox and the Nationals earlier this week and saw something that I'd never seen before.  Red Sox pitcher Justin Masterson dropped the ball behind his back during his windup.  Embarrassing, no doubt, but I'd think it would happen from time to time given just how many pitches are thrown in the major leagues every season.  And yet I cannot ever remember seeing this live or as part of a highlight in 40-ish years of watching baseball!  Of course, Masterson makes the better part of $6M a year, so I'd hope he wouldn't drop the ball like this very often.

This entire episode brought the following highlight from Japan to my attention.  This has to be the greatest pitch ever thrown and it was another mistake.  This one, however, is worth $6M.



Yep, that was a called strike!

16 April 2015

No comments: