Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What is Old is New Again

I knew Jon Stewart had to retire at some point from The Daily Show, but will still be very sad when that day soon arrives.  I've been watching from the show's first days.  I enjoyed The Daily Show under Craig Kilborn, but it really became an institution under Stewart.  My wife and I were talking about this last night when the news of Stewart's retirement broke.  In many ways, what we now think of The Daily Show is really a product of 9/11.  That event changed the show because, I think, it changed Stewart's vision of what the show could and should be.

And because it is fun to see, here is the first segment of Stewart's first show.  Oh, and his first guest was Michael J. Fox, who was asked only four questions because Kilborn took the fifth with him to Kuala Lumpur.






11 February 2015

No comments: