Friday, November 15, 2013

San Francisco Batkid

This story came across my radar earlier this week.  I mentioned it to my sister, who lives in the Bay Area, and was told that it is pretty much the talk of the town right now.

To back up, the Make-A-Wish foundation is making one little boy's wish of being a super hero come true for a day.  The City of San Francisco -- seemingly from top to bottom -- is helping this boy not just save the city, but to do it in style.  Many victims will be saved, many villains will be vanquished.  See background on Newser.

Generally speaking, misanthropic is my middle name.  Every once in a while, however, human beings seem to rise above our collective nature and do something awesome.  This is one of those things.

My sister just sent me links to a twitter feed featuring images and descriptions from today's festivities.  News and information services are starting to chronicle the day as well.  I'm sure that television news will be all over it tonight, too.

I've snuffled back a tear or three.  Look at this and tell me you are not?



One of those tears may actually be for the fact that this kid has a freaking Lamborghini.  Lucky little hero!

Bravo San Francisco!  Well done, Make-A-Wish.  And most of all, three cheers for San Francisco's Batkid!

15 November 2013

Addition: Local ABC News blog coverage.

Addition 2:  Okay, more news coverage consumed.  Look at the size of the crowds cheering this kid.  So many signs in his honor.  Switched to openly weeping.

No comments: