Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ronald Reagan on W

My sister sent me a quote from one of Ronald Reagan's diaries kept during his years in the White House. The quote is about George W. Bush. Sadly, Reagan was spot on.

A moment I've been dreading. George brought his n'er-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida; the one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work.

14 April 2008

Edit: It now appears that this was a dummy quote. A sucker is born every minute! /wink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phony quote, satire actually:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kinsley.asp

To Bee or Not to Bee said...

I actually got the same news from my sister via e-mail just after I read your note. Thanks for the update!

Perhaps it was too much for which to hope?...